May 16, 2011

Nursery Sneak Peek

I'm going to blame my horrible blogging on my current lack of brain cells. Have any of you ever seen the movie, "Momento?" I'm starting to really empathize with that character.
Anyway, as a feeble attempt to make up for my lack of posts, how about some quick pics of the nursery? We still have a ways to go, but things are starting to take shape. DH finished painting the room and arranging the furniture this weekend, leaving pretty much just some picture and shelf hanging to do.
The "theme" for the nursery is vintage. I wouldn't say that it's true vintage, because most of the stuff is from the late 70's, early 80's. And if the stuff is near my age, it can't possible be vintage, right? ;D

I found the baby scale in the above picture at Goodwill for $5 several months ago. The scale, along with an amazing nursery I found at ohdeedoh, gave me the inspiration for the nursery. The two books on top are Winnie the Pooh books I found years ago at an antique store. The two books on the bottom are a couple of Dick and Jane readers that originally were my mother-in-law's when she was in elementary school. The lamp was purchased new from Target.

With the exception of the TV, the abacus, the xylophone, and the bear toy, all of the above toys were mine when I was a baby. These toys, along with some others, will be on some shelves out of baby's reach.

The fabric on the bottom right is one of the crib sheets that I will be using for the crib. I plan on a future post solely about the crib bedding at a later date. The other fabrics were mine as a child and will be used to display/picture purposes only.


Here's a brief hint about what the nursery walls look like, along with some darling light switches I found. The light switches were made in the 50's or 60's by a company known as Nursery Plastics. The same company also made crib mobiles and nursery lamps. I have a coordinating crib mobile that I will use for the crib that you will be able to see when I do the post about the crib bedding.

3 comments:

  1. I love seeing familiar things on your blog! I had a similar light switch, and I used it in my daughter's Nursery Rhyme room. It's now packed away in one of several "Annie's Keepsakes" boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the nursery. I will try to come by before I start back to school July 27 to see. I hope you can use all your stuff from the shower to decorate your nursery.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for caring enough to leave a comment! I typically don't respond to each separate comment here on my blog. If you would like to ask me a question and have my reply, please feel free to e-mail me at heathershodgepodge@hotmail.com