June 7, 2010

Button Art

When Britt posted her fabulous button art, I knew that I had to copy. I already had a "c" hanging on my living room wall, so using Britt as inspiration, I decided to glam up my C.
I didn't think to take a picture of my C before, but I'm sure you probably have seen one before ;) So here's a shot of the after:
I covered the front and sides of my letter with buttons. I had previously painted my letter C black, which helped the little gaps here and there to blend in. Of course, like Britt pointed out, you could do a different button color than your letter if you wanted that contrast.
My letter only took a couple of hours from start to finish. I tend to do my crafts while I watch TV, which probably accounts for this project taking so long - and my burned fingers!
After I hung my letter on the wall, it looked a bit forlorn all by itself. I decided to frame my letter like Britt did, and using a backless frame that I had on hand, here's the finished result:
Since I already had the C, the frame, and the buttons, this project was totally free!

4 comments:

  1. It looks great! And it's even better that it was all free! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I may have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! It has such a nice look to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! I like the 3D letter and the open-backed frame. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for caring enough to leave a comment! I typically don't respond to each separate comment here on my blog. If you would like to ask me a question and have my reply, please feel free to e-mail me at heathershodgepodge@hotmail.com