I got this fun little meme from Minnesota Mom.
1. Best childhood gift from Santa: We didn't do Santa at our house. However, my best gift on Christmas was a wooden 2-story dollhouse that my dad made for me when I was in kindergarten. I still have it, and hopefully I'll be able to pass it on to a daughter someday.
2. Best childhood memories: the Christmas parties at school, listening to favorite Christmas albums (on a record player!), re-enacting the Christmas story each year with my family (keep in mind, I was an only child)
3. Favorite Christmas cookies: the peanut butter cookies with a Hershey kiss in the middle.
4. Icky Christmas memory: the Christmas I was pregnant with BB, because I couldn't keep anything down. Not a fun way to spend Christmas!
5. It’s not Christmas without: Jesus.
6. Our Church Service: (at my former church) takes place Christmas Eve. There is a Christmas solo, some congregational singing, a short message from the pastor, and it ends with everyone passing around the flame to light individual luminaries. Then we all sing "Silent Night."
7. Christmas Pet Peeve: the "gimme" attitude of people in stores, and the increased traffic in town.
8. Favorite Christmas CD: how about album? Hands down, it has to be Amy Grant's "A Christmas Album." I can listen to this nonstop, all year long. I'm also very fond of Evie's "Come On Ring Those Bells."
9. Real or Fake: fake. I like the look and smell of real, but I hate the cleanup and the watering.
10. I spend Christmas Eve: at my parent's house. We eat a late lunch there, and open up our presents from them. We spend Christmas Day with DH's family.
If you play along, leave a link in the comments section—I’d love to read!