August 19, 2009

WFMW: Displaying Kid Art

Over the past three years, I have collected a small pile of scribbles that my son has created. He doesn't ask to draw very often, so when he does create something, I want to keep it. I had been simply keeping everything in a pile, but I wanted a way to display the artwork and keep it protected. Our current house doesn't have any space for me to hang a collection of cheap frames, so I happened upon this solution:
I covered the large cabinet in our only hallway with his art! Each piece is held into place by clear contact paper. The contact paper not only sticks the art to the cabinet, it also protects each drawing while making it easy to take down when I want to display different items. When I remove a work, the front of the drawing is still protected by the contact paper if I want to keep it safe someplace else. This quick, cheap, and easy method of displaying art definitely works for me!
To see more great tips and ideas, visit We are THAT Family!

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea! - I bet he feels so special every time he walks by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I do the same for my little one.

    I live near Dublin. Where are you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great idea! You can also take pictures of your child holding their artwork and make a scrapbook of those pictures

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! Thanks for your visit and comment today!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for caring enough to leave a comment! I typically don't respond to each separate comment here on my blog. If you would like to ask me a question and have my reply, please feel free to e-mail me at heathershodgepodge@hotmail.com