July 23, 2009

7 Quick Takes 7/24/09



I haven't participated in Jennifer's Quick Takes in a while, but after her hint, I thought I should :) We just returned from a family vacation in Daytona with DH's family, so here's the pics and a recap!
#1 - the mandatory visit to the breakfast buffet at Shoney's in Waycross. This tradition was started many years ago.

#2 - once there, BB spent a lot of time swimming in the pool with DH. In this picture, BB is playing his favorite game, Drown the Daddy. I thought it was funny until he tried to do the same with me.
#3 - does my child look like an only child to you? Protective sun clothing, beach shoes that don't easily come off, a life jacket, and a wide-brimmed hat. There's also SPF 50 smeared all over BB. I tried to get him to wear sunglasses, but he drew the line at that.

#4 - creative cropping can help eliminate some unwanted fat.

#5 - the above picture was taken right after BB turned one, while below, BB has just turned three. Quite a difference in two years!


#6 - we went to the mall during our trip. A highlight for BB was riding in the space shuttle ride. I didn't realize until later that it was the 40th anniversary of the moon landing. Kinda neat.

#7 - when we were in our room, BB fully enjoyed the rare treat of cable TV. I think he's been a bit disappointed with PBS ever since we returned.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun trip. And wow, BB looks the same as 2 years ago, only older!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I love your post! I returned to 7 quick takes beause of the ":hint hint" too .. ;)
    I love your creative cropping, your "only child" protection program! It was funny.
    I really really like family traditions. It's just the two of us for now, but we have the tradition to stop by a cracker barrel on any roadtrip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed about BB's sun protection, because Bee got the same treatment when it was only her. Now that we have two kids, well....we slap the sunscreen on and call it good. It's funny how much more relaxed we are after the second child comes along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun way to do your Quick Takes! Nice to "meet" you, babe.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for caring enough to leave a comment! I typically don't respond to each separate comment here on my blog. If you would like to ask me a question and have my reply, please feel free to e-mail me at heathershodgepodge@hotmail.com