January 14, 2009

S'FMtY: Miss Kitty I Ain't

This week's picture is actually pretty scrapbook worthy. After last week's post, I felt like doing a more flattering picture of myself. This was one of my favorite dress-up outfits:
One of my friends had a "How to Host a Murder" birthday party when I was 17. I was assigned the role of the town madame. I remember thinking at the time how heavy my makeup was, but other than the blush, I'm really not that made-up. I didn't have a lacy shawl, so I'm using a round lace tablecloth for my shawl. You can't tell too much from this picture, but my skirt is long and really full. I just happen to own crinolines (several pair, in fact), and I jumped at the chance to wear them again.
For more pictures, check out We are THAT Family!

7 comments:

  1. Crinolines?? I thought you served those with a glass of cold milk?! jk

    Cute photo and love the tablecloth improv.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to find tanks sometimes. I have cut out the bra part so I could hike it up more in some of my tanks! If you know how to sew, you could cut the straps and sew them together where the tank would be higher. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of using the tablecloth! How creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a really cool party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picture! I have always loved the idea of dressing up in old-fashioned, feminine clothing. You look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice - I don't think you look all that made up either ... I still haven't ever really done one of those - looks fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for caring enough to leave a comment! I typically don't respond to each separate comment here on my blog. If you would like to ask me a question and have my reply, please feel free to e-mail me at heathershodgepodge@hotmail.com