January 14, 2009
Josh recently awarded me this. The requirements for this award are:
1) Write a post bragging about this award. You must give the name of the person who gave you this award. You must also link back to them, so that other people can verify that this person does, indeed, exist.
2) Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have 7 friends. Show the 7 names and links below. Leave a comment on their blog informing them that they were awarded with “Honest Weblog.”
3) List at least ten honest things about yourself.
My 7 choices:
1) Jenn at Conversion Diary
2) Amy at Amy's Humble Musings
3) Kristen at Bits and Pieces from My Life
4) Wendi at Every Day Miracles
5) Sarah at Kingdom Twindom
6) Sarah at Life in the Parsonage
7) Charlotte at Cheeky Pink Girl
In addition to selecting blogs that are brilliant, I tried to give the award to people who had not received the award before. If you have already received this before, just disregard the requirements and give yourself a pat on the back.
Ten honest things…okay, here goes:
1) I write far more posts than I publish. New posts frequently get deleted.
2) I have a hard time being open, both on-line and face-to-face. On-line because the internet is forever and you never know who might read. Face-to-face because chances are, I already know you and I'll see you again after you know whatever it is. No one on either side of my family knows about this blog. I plan on keeping it that way. Just in case I ever do say anything.
3) DH and I have been "not trying, but not preventing" another baby for 18 months now. We still have 1 child. I am debating whether or not to try in earnest.
4) I am starting a diet (again). I am always nervous and filled with self-loathing when I diet. Does it make sense to anyone else out there that I feel safe fat?
5) I wish that I had a talent for writing. Some of the blogs that I read make me want to shut my little blog down.
6) I haven't spoken to my birth mother in 3.5 years. I don't plan on ever speaking to her again.
7) I am a terribly nosy person, which is partly why blogging appeals to me. I consider it ironic that I want to know so much about others but not the other way around.
8) I get really mad if I don't get my way, but I try not to let on that I'm mad.
9) I am afraid that BB will be embarrassed by me when he gets older.
10) I am afraid of being abandoned. I can't stand the thought that I might be excluded from something.
Whew! That was tough!