March 28, 2008

H.A.I.N.

I recently learned of an organization called Heavenly Angels in Need. This organization provides handmade baby blankets, booties and hats to preemies and/or special needs babies. They also provide beautiful handmade gowns and coffins for babies who have passed on to be buried in. The gowns are made from donated formal wear and wedding dresses, and the coffins are made by volunteers who provide them at no charge to families who cannot afford a coffin. If you have any prom/bridesmaid or wedding dresses that you don't plan on using anymore, this is a meaningful way to find another use for the item(s) that are likely taking up room in a closet. To find out how to donate gowns and other items, please visit their website at www.heavenlyangelsinneed.com for more details.

1 comment:

Thank you so much for caring enough to leave a comment! I typically don't respond to each separate comment here on my blog. If you would like to ask me a question and have my reply, please feel free to e-mail me at heathershodgepodge@hotmail.com