September 15, 2006

BB and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day

(with apologies to Judith Viorst)My poor baby. Wednesday just wasn't his day. His day started off with his piece of fuzz being taken away by me, mean ol' mommy. BB had somehow acquired a piece of navy fuzz on Tuesday and held it captive in his tightly clenched little fist all day long, opening his hand just long enough for me to see that the fuzz was still in his possession. Whenever I made a move to remove the fuzz, he would clench his little fist, wave it in the air, and cry. I don't know if he even knew that he had the fuzz, but he certainly acted like it. I was afraid that he might somehow choke on it (although really it was too small a piece to do so, but hey - first time mom here), so I waited until he fell asleep and his hand fell open Wednesday morning and I snatched it out. Unfortunately, that woke him up, and he began crying. Go to a few hours later, and it's bath time. We had an appointment with the doctor at 11:30, so I wanted to make sure that I didn't have a stinky baby to take. He was good during his bath, but when I was drying him off... well, he's a little boy. The worst part of this is that when this happens, he always manages to hit himself in the face, which only served to make him mad. Finally, we were at the doctor's. With this being his two-month visit, it was shot time. Four nasty shots in his little thigh's fat rolls. The first one he truly did not expect. DH was looking at him and smiling, and BB was just smiling back at him. Then the stick, and poor BB didn't know if he should keep smiling or cry at first. He went with the crying, and naturally continued with the next three shots. To top it all off, the shots made him completely miserable the rest of the day, in spite of Tylenol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for caring enough to leave a comment! I typically don't respond to each separate comment here on my blog. If you would like to ask me a question and have my reply, please feel free to e-mail me at heathershodgepodge@hotmail.com