October 20, 2010

WFMW: Laundry Labels for Littles

I am a label person. I am also a big believer in child labor ;) Now that BB is older, he has started helping out with things like the laundry. One way he helps with the laundry is by getting the clothes hamper out of my closet. In my closet, I have 4 hampers, one for each type of wash load. Each hamper holds 1 load worth of clothes. When the hamper is full, I know it's time to wash that type of clothing. So I'll start the water, and tell BB which hamper to get:

"Go get the hamper with the 2 on it, etc." I'll tell him. It's something that I could easily do myself, but I want him to get used to doing what he can do around the house.
And the word labels? Those are for DH ;)

2 comments:

  1. Good job, Mom! Between helping at home and cleaning the church for 5 years, my 3 knew how to clean and do laundry by the time they left home. Keep up the good work!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you have him helping out. I use a similar system, except my baskets are in our large laundry room. I'm waiting for my 15-year-old to lend a hand...his basket of dark t-shirts is overflowing. He'll run out one of these days, and then he'll be doing his own load.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for caring enough to leave a comment! I typically don't respond to each separate comment here on my blog. If you would like to ask me a question and have my reply, please feel free to e-mail me at heathershodgepodge@hotmail.com