June 24, 2010

Thrifty Thursday - fans

I'm reposting this from 2 years ago to join Kristin today for Thrifty Thursday. Be sure to hop over to her blog each Thursday for more great tips!
If you spend most of your time in the room that has the thermostat, run the fan in that room. The fan will make the room a degree or so cooler, which will make the thermostat run less throughout the whole house. For that matter, a fan in any room will make the room seem cooler, which means you can usually crank up the thermostat a degree or so higher.

1 comment:

  1. Great tip!! We use a fan in every room to help it feel cooler.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for caring enough to leave a comment! I typically don't respond to each separate comment here on my blog. If you would like to ask me a question and have my reply, please feel free to e-mail me at heathershodgepodge@hotmail.com