April 9, 2009

Quotes Vol. 6

It's been a while since I did a post about some of my favorite quotes. Here are some of the longer quotes I like about the Christian walk:

1. Faith is counting on Him when we do not know what tomorrow holds.
When a man or a woman of God fails, nothing of God fails. When a man or a woman of God changes, nothing of God changes. When someone dies, nothing of God dies. When our lives are altered by the unexpected, nothing of God is altered or unexpected. - Charles Swindoll

2. Watch the kind of people that God brings around you, and you will be humiliated to find that this is Hid way of revealing to you the kind of person you have been to Him. "Now," He says, "exhibit to that one exactly what I have shown to you." - Oswald Chambers oh, dear...

3. (Fretting) always ends in sin. We imagine that a little anxiety and worry are an indication of how really wise we are; it is much more an indication of how really wicked we are. Fretting springs from a determination to get our own way. Our Lord never worried and He was never anxious, because He was not out to realize His own ideas; He was out to realize God's ideas. - Oswald Chambers good to remember in times like these...

4. If you read history, you will find that the Christians who did most for the present world were those who thought most of the next. The apostles themselves, who set out on foot to convert the Roman Empire, the great men who built up the Middle Ages, the English evangelicals who abolished the slave trade, all left their mark on earth, precisely because their minds were occupied with Heaven. It is since Christians have largely ceased to think of the other world that they have become so ineffective in this one. Aim at Heaven and you will get earth "Thrown in." Aim at earth and you will get neither. - C.S. Lewis and to think that this was written 3 generations ago...

2 comments:

  1. HEATHER I ENJOYED YOUR POST SO MUCH!I HOPE YOU HAVE A VERY BLESSED DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Numbers 2 and 4 leave me a little speechless. Thank you for sharing these. I love quotes. Especially ones that make you think.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for caring enough to leave a comment! I typically don't respond to each separate comment here on my blog. If you would like to ask me a question and have my reply, please feel free to e-mail me at heathershodgepodge@hotmail.com