February 23, 2009

Yummy Scratch Mayo

I wanted to make tuna salad yesterday, but I didn't have any mayo. So I made my own. Surprisingly tasty and easy!
Into the tuna salad -
And into a yummy lunch!

The recipe I used:
1/4 C egg whites
2 tsp white vinegar
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp Dijon mustard
ground pepper to taste (optional)
3/4 C oil
Combine all ingredients except in a food processor and pulse several times. Add oil and pulse until proper consistency.
I'd like to make a low-fat version of this mayo. I've read that you can substitute fat free cottage cheese or yogurt for the oil. Has anyone tried this with success?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for caring enough to leave a comment! I typically don't respond to each separate comment here on my blog. If you would like to ask me a question and have my reply, please feel free to e-mail me at heathershodgepodge@hotmail.com