February 3, 2009

WFMW: Poor Girl's Xerox

Last week, while working on my sister's scrapbook/baby book, I needed a toddler dental chart to put on the tooth page. I searched Google for images, but I couldn't find a plain chart that didn't have some type of clip art attached, or that was the right size. I knew the dental chart in BB's baby book would be perfect for the page. However, it was 10 at night, BB was asleep, DH was at work, and all local copy places were closed. I don't know about you, but when I'm working on a project, I'd much rather keep going than to stop and start. I needed to come up with a way to make a copy of the dental chart, and I had to use materials on hand. I improvised, and I'm very pleased with the results. For this, you will need:
1) tissue paper (not tracing paper)
2) pencil
3) scotch tape
4) fine-tip Sharpie marker
5) paper that you want the new image on
6) image that you want to copy (very helpful)

Step #1: Using scotch tape, secure the tissue paper onto the image you want to copy. Make sure the paper is completely smooth and firmly in place.
Step #2: Trace the image using the pencil.
Step #3: Carefully remove the tissue paper from the original image and secure the tissue paper tracing where you want the copied image to be. Again, make sure that the paper is completely smooth and firmly in place.
Step #4: With the fine-tip Sharpie, slowly trace over the pencil lines you have made on the tissue paper. It is important to go slow so that the ink will permeate the paper.
Step #5: Carefully remove the tissue paper. The Sharpie should have evenly gone through the tissue paper, creating a stamped image of the traced item.
This method certainly works for me!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I love about any tip that has to do with a Sharpie LOL That is a fabulous idea.

    Come by and see me today
    Kristin
    The Goat

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for caring enough to leave a comment! I typically don't respond to each separate comment here on my blog. If you would like to ask me a question and have my reply, please feel free to e-mail me at heathershodgepodge@hotmail.com