1) I find it inspiring that so many of the Catholic blogs I come across mention going to daily mass. I think this sounds like a wonderful idea for any denomination to implement. I know that God is wherever we are and the church is merely a building, but wouldn't it be nice to set aside a portion of each day to go to a specific place and be in God's presence? Yes, I know that daily devotions and the notion of have a prayer closet (or any set place in your home for devotions) would essentially do the same. I guess I am influenced a lot by aesthetics; a somber atmosphere, a beautiful building, some lit candles, and I will frequently feel overwhelmed with the power and majesty of God. Likewise, cheerful music, wide, open light and flowers fills me with joy and makes me want to praise my Savior. I have no idea how I got this way, as I have always been in a Baptist church (which tend to be dreary).
2) I recently did a meme that asked if I had ever had enough money. I answered yes, in reference to my childhood. I noticed that many people who did the same meme also answered yes. I wonder if they, too, were referring to childhood.
3) I participate in a lot of blog carnivals (such as this one) and I try to leave a comment on nearly everyone's blog that I visit for these carnivals. I think that blogging is helping me become a nicer person, on the internet at least. I am getting much better at easily thinking of nice things to say about a person's post.
4) For those of you whose blogs I visit regularly, I do try to leave comments often unless I see that 238 people have already said something. And sometimes I just don't have anything to say, or at least nothing that wouldn't be misconstrued. I have a very sarcastic and often dry sense of humor which tends to offend those who don't know me well.
5) I'm trying to come up with a way to exercise that involves BB. I've thought about getting a bike and one of those bike trailers for kids. Has anyone personally tried this? The guys at the bike store say that trailers are great, but I think they're biased. How hard is it to turn and otherwise maneuver with this? Is there a learning curve? Also, keep in mind that I am fat. Hopefully not for too much longer, but I currently am. Will pulling one of these things be really hard to do? I don't want to feel like a plow horse. I already look like one.
6) Why, oh, why, do I like musicals and plays and live where I live? I like small towns but I long for the "culture" of a big city. It's just not the same listening to the soundtrack.But even when a traveling version comes to the nearest big city, the tickets are still too expensive to go. No point here, just thought I'd whine.
7) Any good music recommendations? I want to find new music, but I'm no good at picking stuff up at random. See my playlist for ideas on my music styles. I must also confess a love for 80's and 90's music, which is not really represented on my playlist.
Go to Conversion Diary for more!