October 31, 2008

Purse Tour

"Et tu?" (now known as Conversion Diary) recently posted a tour of her purse. Never one to be original when I can senselessly copy, here is a tour of mine. Apologies beforehand to my 2.5 male readers.The outside - I think this is the first animal-print item I have ever owned. I don't usually care for animal prints, but for some reason, I liked this one. I had not seen anyone else with a purse like this when I first bought my purse, but now they're everywhere :( The same thing happened with my Vera Bradley purse. I don't know if I should be dissapointed or flattered.

This little brown zip-up is wonderful. It came with one of BB's diaper bags. I cram all of my tiny things in there so I don't have to look around in the abyss. I know those that know me in real life are surprised by the makeup. I don't typically wear makeup, but I usually have it with me. You never know when you might need to look better! As for the toilet seat covers, I've had that pack for years. Most places have either TP or a seat cover dispenser, but once in a while, you'll find the toilet that has neither. I like to be prepared.

Speaking of prepared, I carry the paint color cards for my house in my purse. If I'm ever questioning whether or not something will match or coordinate with a room, I just whip the correct card out. I've been surprised at how helpful these cards have been. The notecards list names of books and Disney movies. I'm a big book person, and I can't always remember what I own and what I've merely read. To keep myself from buying duplicates, I write down the titles of books that I already own that are part of a series that I am collecting, or books I already own that are by a favorite author. For BB, I keep a list of Disney movies that we already own so that I can keep an eye out for movies at Goodwill.

This is pretty self-explanatory - my back-up sunglasses, keys, pens, and hairbrush. I love the fact that this hairbrush folds and has a mirror. I got it a Claire's years ago, after my sister permanently borrowed my other brush.

Once again, I like to be prepared. Kleenex come in handy when you have a toddler who freely wipes his nose on your shirt. Wet ones are great for cleaning off baby hands that simply must touch everything. A mini photo album is a must, as is the Tylenol. The other containers hold Tums and Advil. A mini notepad is also helpful for times when I can't write on my hand.
Last, but not least, the matching wallet to the purse. You can't tell from this shot, but it's the same print with red trim. It has room for all of my various cards, cash (ha!), and my checkbook. The gum is a habit I can't seem to break. I know it's a waste of money, but at least it's cheaper than constantly buying something to drink. And yes, I know it's possible to bring a drink from home with me, but you try remembering that when you have a toddler and related gear to get out the door :) The calculator is a must for grocery shopping when you're math impared (or lazy) like I am.
Anybody still there, or did you all fall asleep? Wasn't that the most boring thing you've read since college?


  1. You NEVER cease to amaze me. I think my purse is about 80% receipts, old shopping lists and candy bar/gum wrappers. The other 20% is my makeup bag and wallet and keys. I used to carry my toothbrush and toothpaste, but the good Lord has delivered me from that ;P! I mean really, why would I need to carry all that stuff when I've got you?

  2. I'm impressed. I'm a minimalist when it comes to packing my purse and diaper bag. However, I'm often without something I need!


Thank you so much for caring enough to leave a comment! I typically don't respond to each separate comment here on my blog. If you would like to ask me a question and have my reply, please feel free to e-mail me at heathershodgepodge@hotmail.com