October 17, 2008

God's Promises

One Thing had this great post here that made me think of God's promises. You know, of course, the best thing about God's promises is that they really happen. He keeps His promises. He's not like us. He's not going to call and cancel, or leave you hanging. Restoring the Years gets her blog name from the following passage of Scripture. I read her blog all the time, but after reading One Thing's post and then going straight over to her blog, I noticed once more the verse at the top of her blog. A great promise from God. A promise that is eternal.

1BLOW THE trumpet in Zion; sound an alarm on My holy Mount. Let all the inhabitants of the land tremble, for the day of the Lord is coming; it is close at hand... 11And the Lord utters His voice before His army, for His host is very great, and they are strong and powerful who execute God's word. For the day of the Lord is great and very terrible, and who can endure it? 12Therefore also now, says the Lord, turn and keep on coming to Me with all your heart, with fasting, with weeping, and with mourning until every hindrance is removed and the broken fellowship is restored. 13Rend your hearts and not your garments and return to the Lord, your God, for He is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and abounding in loving-kindness; and He revokes His sentence of evil when His conditions are met. 25And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust... (Joel 2, selected verses)

Sometimes we do things that allow the locusts into our lives. Sometimes the locusts are sent to us in order to cause our repentance. Whatever the source of the locusts may be, whatever the locusts have destroyed, whether it be a job, a lost relationship, even a lost childhood, God will bring restoration if we come to Him. It's nice to know that.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I was just stopping by to say HI and thanks for visiting my blog and I found your 200th post! Congrats! I also wanted to assure you that my Christmas lights come down no later than New Year's Day -we don't want the Easter Bunny tripping over them. ;)

    ~carol @ i throw like a girl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for caring enough to leave a comment! I typically don't respond to each separate comment here on my blog. If you would like to ask me a question and have my reply, please feel free to e-mail me at heathershodgepodge@hotmail.com