I've seen this at several other blogs, most recently at Bits and Pieces From My Life. I've debated doing BB's birth story for a while, but this is a lot easier! Not to say that I won't write his birth story at some point...
"BB"; July 10, 2006
1. How long had you been married at the time of the birth? 4 years, 2 weeks, 4 days
2. What were your reactions when you found out that you were pregnant? Really excited - and scared - but also calm.
3. How old were you? I was 24 when I found out and 25 when he was born.
4. How did you find out that you were pregnant? I took a home pregnancy test.
5. Who did you tell first? DH, then Z, my parents, my sister, DH's parents... this was the first time that I'd ever told any family that we were expecting. My family was aghast, but DH's family was happy.
6. Did you find out the sex? Yes! I joke that if a PG test could have an extra box on it for the gender, I would buy that test. I was thinking pink, but had a feeling I was having blue. Now after having BB, I love being a mom to a boy. I'd be perfectly fine with more boys (but I still want a girl).
7. Due date? June 30, 2006
8. Did you deliver early or late? Late! I was 10 days overdue! In fact, my OB had admitted me to the hospital to be induced on July 6th, and had sent me home late July 8th after all available methods for induction failed. I didn't respond to anything; I wouldn't even dilate.
9. Did you have morning sickness? Oh, yeah! Violent morning sickness from about 2 weeks into the pregnancy through labor. I threw up at least once every single day. I've prayed ever since then that if I do have another that I wouldn't have morning sickness!
10. What did you crave? Subway Cold Cut! It was the only food I never threw up. I couldn't stand to smell food cooking, so DH would go get food for me. Some foods, like salad, smelled like dirty feet to me.
11. Who irritated you most? The parents of my students. I had a really awful class my last year of teaching. I was tempted to recommend to several parents that they stop having children, because they obviously weren't any good at it.
12. What was your first child's sex? A boy, through and through!
13. How many pounds did you gain throughout your first pregnancy? Too much! Despite being sick constantly, I still gained weight. Although in my defense, a lot of it was swelling. My hands and legs were huge!
14. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? Not unless you count the morning sickness, which freaked me out but my doc couldn't have cared less. Even when I started puking up blood...
15. Where did you give birth? in our local hospital that was only about a 10 minute drive away
16. How many hours were you in labor? I'd been sent home from my failed induction around 11 Saturday night. I went to bed after midnight (I hadn't been allowed to eat at the hospital and I was STARVING - DH went and got me Wendy's). I woke up around 6:00 Sunday morning with intermittent contractions. I called the hospital and my doctor, who said that I shouldn't go to the hospital until I had contractions 5 minutes apart for an hour. That never happened. They also said not to eat, in case my labor suddenly progressed. I did eat 1 more time, but Monday morning around 5:00 (?) DH and I went to the hospital. I'd had contractions consistently, so I hadn't slept. And I hadn't slept well in the hospital, so my last good night of sleep had been Wednesday of the week before. Factor in little sleep, 2 meals over 4 1/2 days, and I was 1 cranky pregnant lady! I was so mad at DH for sleeping soundly every night in the hospital and for people bringing him food!
17. Who drove you to the hospital? DH did.
18. Who watched? DH, my mom, and Z. Although if I'd known what my labor was going to be like, I wouldn't have made poor Z watch!
19. Was it vaginal or c-section? vaginal
20. Did you take medicine to ease the pain? YES! I'd planned for a drug-free labor, but I was so tired from the past week that I asked for an epidural. It was wonderful during contractions. I slept for a couple of hours. Unfortunately, it ran out of juice while I was in actual labor, but at least I had a good nap!
21. How much did your baby weigh? He was 10 pounds, 5.2 ounces (and 22 1/2 inches). The doctor had to break his collarbone to get him out. He was blue, with an Apgar of 2, but he's perfectly fine now - thanks be to God!
22. What did you name your first born baby? *****, after DH's best childhood friend, and *****, which is a family name on my side.
23. How old is your baby today? He's 2 years, 2 months, 2 weeks, 1 day.
What's YOUR story?