August 31, 2008

UPDATED: Urgent Prayer Request

DH's Aunt Cindy was critically injured Saturday night. She and her husband were at the local car race when a crash occurred. A piece from a racecar flew off and went flying into the stands, striking her in the head. She is in extremely critical condition right now. Brain injury is expected. There is a lot of swelling, and doctors have had to remove part of her skull to relieve pressure. Please keep the family in your prayers, and add her to your church's prayer list. She has 3 daughters, 2 of which are still in school.
UPDATE: When the doctors went in to relieve the pressure and swelling, they found massive brain damage. There is no sign of brain activity. Currently, Cindy is on a respirator. No further plans have been made at this time, although it is safe to assume that her passing is imminent. Her husband and her youngest daughter were also injured in the accident, although not seriously. Her husband has a heart condition that is aggravated by stress. As you can imagine, this is a very stressful situation. Please keep his health in your prayers as well.

3 comments:

  1. Heather, I am so sorry. How awful. I will keep them in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so, so sorry. What a terrible tragedy. I will pray for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather and Brent, Evergreen prayed for Cindy yesterday. We will continue to pray for her and the family. God bless you all. Love, Miss Danna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for caring enough to leave a comment! I typically don't respond to each separate comment here on my blog. If you would like to ask me a question and have my reply, please feel free to e-mail me at heathershodgepodge@hotmail.com