...While Trying to Apply a Decorative Edge to a Wood Shelf:
10. Look to see if you have enough paint to cover all of the wood before you start painting.
9. Just because two containers of paint both say "white," doesn't mean that they are the same shade of white.
8. Cut all of the pieces and make sure that they fit together before gluing any pieces in place.
7. Glued wood is hard to take apart.
6. Make sure that the wood is in its correct place before gluing.
5. Do not attempt to smooth hot glue with your finger. Hot glue is hot.
4. When you cut corners, you lose length.
3. It's important to understand angles before you begin to cut corners.
2. A well-placed pretty linen over the edge of the shelf will cover a multitude of flaws.
1. Get someone else to do it.