August 7, 2008

Lost and Found

Recently, I've noticed that we always seem to be low on cloth napkins, plastic containers, and forks. I at first thought that I just needed to clean out the freezer, run the dishwasher, and wash clothes. But the items stayed missing. I blamed the missing items on old age, figuring that perhaps I never had as many of these items as I thought. Yesterday, DH took all of his items out of the frig at work. Some days, apparently, he packs a lunch but then doesn't eat the lunch.
Over here on the left are my missing cloth napkins. There are 11 of them. I bet people at work wondered why there were cloth napkins in the frig. Then again, DH works with a bunch of engineers, so they might not have even noticed. If you look over on the right, you will notice a dish drainer plus full of dishes. And forks. And drink containers. To his credit, DH washed all of the dishes and put the napkins in the laundry room. I can't really fault him for forgetfulness. But I think that from now on, DH is only taking whatever lunch he can put in his pocket.

2 comments:

  1. Heather,
    I am so cracking up because this has happend to us a few times. :) I think I may be going a little bit crazy - perhaps I just imagined that we had more forks and plastic containers?... Then I see Dave walking in with a huge stash of them from his truck. :) Funny stuff.
    Thanks so much for your kind comment on my post today. Honestly this was one of the toughest ones I've written. Kind of revealing and vulenrable feeling, but I felt it was important. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm laughing too, because this always happens to us with sippy cups. I wrack my brain trying to figure out where they all went, and inevitably, they will turn up in the van or under the couch, or even in the sandbox, and they're usually half full of really disgusting, congealed, moldy contents. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for caring enough to leave a comment! I typically don't respond to each separate comment here on my blog. If you would like to ask me a question and have my reply, please feel free to e-mail me at heathershodgepodge@hotmail.com