August 2, 2008

CSI

After BB's nap yesterday, I entered his room to find a crime scene. I have watched enough CSI episodes to know that I should never touch a crime scene and thereby risk contaminating the evidence. So I called for backup and while I was waiting for help to arrive, I documented the crime scene. The evidence:




Knowing that the room was clean prior to the nap, the culprit was soon apprehended. His motivation: since learning he can leave his bed, he no longer sees the need to go to sleep.

5 comments:

  1. This is the reason why Cakes is still in a crib. I know her all too well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Heather! I am so sorry for you. That's pretty much what happened to me as well. Only Aubie started fighting me when it was nap time. I even tried the Nanny approach of taking her back to the bed 400 times and shutting the door, but after she got up that 400th time, I had a broken back and thought, is an hour of peace worth what it costs me to get it? I decided that it wasn't.
    I hope you can figure out a way to get Caleb to take his nap :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Another John Rosemond fan! I bopped on over here from Conversion Diary - nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, he'll sleep if he needs it. He's a good little fella! :) (spoken like a true aunt)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seem to recall an incident with the Frog which included a very quiet naptime...or so I thought....and a relatively new jumbo size container of petroleum jelly.

    Carpet. Stuffed Animals. Hair. Furniture. Walls. Books.

    Don't ever try to "wash off" petroleum jelly. It doesn't work. What works? Four dry bath towels. Big ones.

    Never buy jumbo containers of petroleum jelly. Nothing is worth saving that much money.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for caring enough to leave a comment! I typically don't respond to each separate comment here on my blog. If you would like to ask me a question and have my reply, please feel free to e-mail me at heathershodgepodge@hotmail.com