June 10, 2008

Gratituesday: Longevity

As of today, my parents have been married 37 years. They were just 18 when they married, both still in school and working full-time. Neither of my parents grew up in a Christian home, or saw a proper marriage relationship modeled. Yet both of my parents today are Christians, who tried their best to do a better job raising me than their parents did raising them. They have defied the odds in many ways during the course of their marriage. Congratulations, mom and dad!

2 comments:

  1. That is so awesome!! What a great example they are! Congratulations to them on their anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Henry and Teresa. Herb and I will celebrate our 35th this August 24. My DH is like "wine" (which I don't drink), he gets better with age.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for caring enough to leave a comment! I typically don't respond to each separate comment here on my blog. If you would like to ask me a question and have my reply, please feel free to e-mail me at heathershodgepodge@hotmail.com