April 15, 2008

Thrifty Tip - Produce

With the price of food on the rise, it can be difficult to eat fresh produce while staying on budget. Most produce is available year-round thanks to importing, but food that is in season for your area is usually cheaper than at other times of the year. To find out what grows when where you live, Google "[your state's name] fruit and vegetable growers association." You will most likely find a produce guide on your state's site that you can print out or save onto your computer for easy reference. Of course, the easiest way to eat produce cheaply and in season is to go to your local farmer's market!

1 comment:

  1. Good tip, Heather. Guess what? I finally posted the meme :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for caring enough to leave a comment! I typically don't respond to each separate comment here on my blog. If you would like to ask me a question and have my reply, please feel free to e-mail me at heathershodgepodge@hotmail.com