March 11, 2008

Thifty Tip - Lotion

This is a re-post from 3/08 for me, but I thought I'd submit it to Kristin's Thrifty Thursday series.
I love the scented lotions at stores like Bath and Body Works, but I hate the price. I've tried the off-brand versions of the lotions, but to me they just don't smell the same. What's a thrifty - yet picky - girl to do?
To make my expensive scented lotion last longer, I buy unscented cheap lotion and mix the two together. I don't do anything fancy, I just put a squirt from each bottle in my hand and rub my hands together. I still get plenty of the scent that I love, and my expensive lotion last twice as long. If I happen to think of it, I ask for the scented lotions for birthday and Christmas presents, thus making it even cheaper for me! ;)

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good idea. I'm really stingy with how much of my expensive lotion I use, but I just don't like the smell of cheap lotions. I'll have to try to mix them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for caring enough to leave a comment! I typically don't respond to each separate comment here on my blog. If you would like to ask me a question and have my reply, please feel free to e-mail me at heathershodgepodge@hotmail.com