With the upcoming Presidential election already under way, I thought a few political quotes might be fitting. As always, if you know who said it and I don't have it credited, please let me know.
1. Nothing so conclusively proves a man's ability to lead others as what he does from day to day to lead himself. - Thomas J. Watson
2. The tree of liberty only grows when watered by the blood of tyrants. - Bertrand Barere de Vieuzac
3. Nothing which is morally wrong can ever be politically right.
4.What is a communist? One who hath yearnings for equal division of unequal earning. - Ebenezer Elliott
5. The power to tax involves the power to destroy. - John Marshall
6. There is no mistake; there has been no mistake; and there shall be no mistake. - Arthur Wellesley, Duke of Wellington
7. The more is given the less the people will work for themselves, and the less they work the more their poverty will increase. - Tolstoi
8. Diplomacy is the art of patting a dog and saying 'nice doggie' while looking for a stick to knock his brains out.
9. Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. - Abraham Lincoln
10. Seems it always happens. Whenever we get too high-hat, too sophisticated for flag-waving... some thug nation decides we're a pushover, all ready to be blackjacked. And it isn't long before we're looking up anxiously to be sure the flag's still waving over us. - George M. Cohen (James Cagney) “Yankee Doodle Dandy,” 1942
11. Good people sleep peaceable in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - George Orwell