October 6, 2007

Quotes Vol. 3

  1. Fear not that your life shall come to an end, but rather fear that it never has a beginning. - John Henry Cardinal Newman
  2. A day of worry is more exhausting than a day of work. - Sir John Lubbock
  3. He does not believe who does not live according to his beliefs. - Thomas Fuller
  4. We see things as we are, not as they are. - Leo Rosten
  5. Call on God, but row away from the rocks. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
  6. It is easier to do a job right than to explain why you didn't. - Martin Van Buren
  7. The measure of success is not whether you have a tough problem to deal with, but whether it's the same problem you had last year. - John Foster Dulles
  8. My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure. - Abraham Lincoln
  9. Perfect valor is to do unwitnessed what we should be capable of doing before all the world. - La Rochefoucauld
  10. The fellow who worries about what people think of him wouldn't worry so much if he only knew how seldom they do.
  11. Worry often gives a small thing a big shadow. - Swedish Proverb
  12. A man's reputation is only what men think him to be; his character is what God knows him to be.
  13. My grandfather once told me that there are two kinds of people: those who do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there is much less competition. - Indira Gandhi
  14. Little things affect little minds. - Benjamin Disraeli
  15. The secret of my success is that at an early age I discovered I was not God. - Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
  16. What you are is God's gift to you. What you make of it is your gift to God. - Anthony Dalla Villa
  17. A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. - Herm Albright
  18. We confess our little faults only to persuade others that we have no great ones. - La Rochefoucauld

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for caring enough to leave a comment! I typically don't respond to each separate comment here on my blog. If you would like to ask me a question and have my reply, please feel free to e-mail me at heathershodgepodge@hotmail.com