in no particular order...
1. cracking knuckles - this is worse than nails on a chalkboard for me
2. tardiness - in fact, I consider arriving right on time to be tardy. It's early or nothing for me.
3. not returning something borrowed - so sorry if I've ever done this; I don't think I have. I have a good memory for what's borrowed from me, and I can't ever see or think about that person without remembering that they borrowed and didn't return something.
4. chewing with an open mouth - so gross! It makes the person look like a cow
5. not remembering what I've already said - I am of supreme importance; failure to remember every word I've said clearly states that you don't recognize my position in the universe.
6. deemphasizing education for girls - just because someone is female doesn't mean that she doesn't need math and science, or that high school is good enough for her. Not everyone is meant to be a homemaker, and not all homemakers are able to stay at home like they desire. I realize that not everyone wants college and a career, and that's fine. But no girl should ever grow up without college being a likely option for her. I see far too much of this.
7. coughing/clearing one's throat repeatedly - actually, even once is enough to irritate me. But what truly bugs me is when someone is trying to do a quiet cough that causes them to cough softly repeatedly. Polite coughs rarely work. Just give one great big hacking cough and be done with it!
8. passive-aggressive Southern woman behavior - I don't know how else to describe this, but I'm sure you know what I mean. Southern women are notorious for being the epitome of good manners and sweet as sugar. The big hair just hides the horns. Come out and say what you mean, and tell people what you really want them to do, instead of manipulating emotions to get your way.
9. talking with a mouth full of food - again, this makes the person look like a cow. I'm actually pretty bad about doing this myself, because I get so excited about what I'm saying. But I'm trying not to do this so often.
10. laziness - I'm a lazy person at heart. I like nothing better than to sit on my butt and read. But I hate having chores loom over my head and disturbing my peace and quiet. I can't abide when someone whines about how much they have to do all day but really only "works" for a few hours each day. I think most people (myself included) don't realize how much time they waste.