September 7, 2007

Quotes Vol. 2

I'm working on a more creative post, so today's post will be another volume of favorite quotes. Today's topic - religion:

1. I know God will not give me anything I cannot handle. I just wish He didn't trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

2. There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, “Thy will be done,” and those to whom God says, “All right, then, have it your way.” -C.S. Lewis

3. A religion without mystery must be a religion without God.

4. Never be afraid of giving up your best, and God will give you His better. -Hinton

5. God without man is still God. Man without God is nothing.


6. Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you will get neither. - C.S. Lewis

7. God has not called me to be successful; He has called me to be faithful. - Mother Teresa I find these quotes from her amazing in light of the recent revelations about her doubts of faith

8. I do not want merely to possess a faith; I want a faith that possesses me. -Charles Kingsley

9. Hell begins on the day when God grants us a clear vision of all that we might have achived, of all the gifts which we have wasted, of all that we might have done which we did not do. -Gian Carlo Menotti

10. We are to be ambassadors for Christ, not secret agents.

11. The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting. It has been found difficult and left untried. -G.K. Chesterton

12. Is prayer your steering wheel or your spare tire? - Corrie Ten Boom

4 comments:

  1. Chesterton's has always been one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And C.S. Lewis is absolutely the quote master. He sure came up with some good ones.

    And I'm impressed with Mother Teresa's desire for faithfulness. She chose a difficult ministry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You posted this at 5:55. Turning 55 next Thursday has my "eyes" trained to look for combination of 5's. I'm weird, I know! Miss Danna (Graham)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Lewis. I should read Mere Christianity once a year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for caring enough to leave a comment! I typically don't respond to each separate comment here on my blog. If you would like to ask me a question and have my reply, please feel free to e-mail me at heathershodgepodge@hotmail.com