August 17, 2010

The 5 Year Quilt

Almost a month ago, we signed up for Netflix (and the connection between that and my blogging lapse is merely coincidence ;) ).
When I sit down to watch TV, I try to have something for my hands to do. I had started a lap-size quilt around 5 years ago, and had stopped once I pinned the layers together. Moving, teaching, having a baby, etc. tends to do that to projects.
The quilt is all hand-stitched, and measures 42" square. As this was my first attempt at quilting a quilt not in a frame, I quilted strictly "in the ditch." My quilting isn't too bad, but this is as close a view of the quilt as you're going to see! ;)
Overall, I'm pleased with how my first attempt turned out, but I don't think I'll try another anytime soon.

1 comment:

  1. Great job Heather! I am impressed. I have some quilt tops that my grandmother pieced together that need to be quilted Probably won't happen if it is left up to me...maybe I will just hire you or Saige!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for caring enough to leave a comment! I typically don't respond to each separate comment here on my blog. If you would like to ask me a question and have my reply, please feel free to e-mail me at heathershodgepodge@hotmail.com