July 12, 2010

Yet Another Project Completed

Thanks to DH!
A previous owner of our house had installed a pond in the backyard. When we walked through the house before we bought it, the pond looked like this:

The pond was mostly empty, except for debris that had fallen in and rainwater that collected there. We didn't do anything to the pond until this Spring, when we cleaned out the pond (ICK!), and pulled up the overgrown plants that surrounded it. For a while, our pond looked like this:

We fiddled and fiddled with the water until we bought a UV filter. I didn't want to spend $80 on such a thing, but it has been worth every penny. Our water went from green and murky to clear enough to see the bottom. I add algaecide every week, and the filter does the rest. DH pulled up the old week barrier and redid the existing rocks, then added more rocks. Now our pond looks like this:

I still want to find a hollow fake rock to cover the outlet, but other than that, it's done. And I love it.

1 comment:

  1. I love it, too! After weeding this morning, I enjoyed some time sitting on a bench swing, admiring my perennials. I found myself gazing around our huge yard, dreaming about a pond, a bridge, a new deck, hosting my daughter's wedding someday (???), all of the plans we have for the years to come. We shall see...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for caring enough to leave a comment! I typically don't respond to each separate comment here on my blog. If you would like to ask me a question and have my reply, please feel free to e-mail me at heathershodgepodge@hotmail.com