November 24, 2009

Happy Birthday, DH!

On this day in history...
Events:
DEATHS:

HOLIDAYS AND OBSERVANCES

Roman festivals – in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice

R.C. Saints – Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese Martyrs, Saint Chrysogonus, Saint Colman of CloyneCobh, Ireland, Flavian of Ricina

Teacher's Day in Turkey

Lachit Divas is observed on 24th November each year in Assam, India to commemorate the heroism of the Assamese General Lachit Borphukan and the victory of Assamese army over the Mughal army in the Battle of Saraighat in 1671.

Evolution Day

1 comment:

Thank you so much for caring enough to leave a comment! I typically don't respond to each separate comment here on my blog. If you would like to ask me a question and have my reply, please feel free to e-mail me at heathershodgepodge@hotmail.com