June 3, 2009

BB Says the Darndest Things

All overheard today in the space of 5 minutes...

"Mommy! My drink! It's not milk, it's not juice, it's not chocolate... it's COFFEE!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Aw, my leg. Mommy, what happened to my leg?"
"I don't know, baby - what happened to your leg?"
"I broke it! I broke it all to pieces! But it's getting better."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[While we are in the car going down the road that leads to our street]
"Mommy! Mommy, wait! Go there! (pointing to a side street) That's the donuts! Let's get donuts!"
Surprisingly, the road he pointed to really does lead to DD. I promise y'all we really don't get donuts that often, especially lately.

5 comments:

  1. Oh he knows where the donuts are! That is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son seems to know what fries are... whenever we go through a drive-thru (I am a sucker for McDonalds $1 Large Diet Coke) he says "fries? fries?" I've started calling those sliced apples "fries" so I can give him them!

    Must be my husband, right??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute!! :-) Gotta love it when they say things that make you laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweetheart!

    Isn't it amazing how they can remember which street to go down to find the important thing- like donuts, or Mcdonalds!

    Sometimes I think my little guy has a better sense of direction than I do :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love little kid quotes. The leg one is pretty cute. :) Poor little man.

    The fact that he knows where Dunkin Donuts is - I tell you, kids memorize that stuff the first time. Even if you never go there again, they will still know how to get to a treat.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for caring enough to leave a comment! I typically don't respond to each separate comment here on my blog. If you would like to ask me a question and have my reply, please feel free to e-mail me at heathershodgepodge@hotmail.com