I'm playing along with Jennifer at "Conversion Diary" (formerly, "Et, tu?") today with her 7 Quick Takes Friday. Click on the above link to see more.
1. There are currently 4 secular radio stations that have been playing Christmas music 24/7 since Thanksgiving. I've yet to hear any Christmas music on any of the Christian radio stations. What gives?
2. I love Snoopy and each year I try to find Snoopy Christmas things for BB's room. I saw the perfect stocking at Target this year that has Snoopy on his decorated doghouse, straight out of "A Charlie Brown Christmas." There's just one problem - the stocking says "Happy Holidays." Since when does a CHRISTMAS stocking have to be politically correct? I'm pretty sure the Christmas part is part of the stocking's name, so why change it? If I were buying Christmas stockings, wouldn't it be a given that I would also be celebrating Christmas?
3. After making several hundred Christmas cookies yesterday (not an exaggeration; I made a little over 500), I have determined that I like the idea of Christmas baking, but not the doing of the Christmas baking.
4. I'm a tad bit envious of Jennifer's Yaya coming to handle potty training. I would so pay someone to come potty train my kid, and she has a MIL coming to do it for free. Not fair. Am I a bad mom for thinking that diapers are way easier to handle than a toddler and public restrooms? I honestly have tried to potty train, but I'm tempted to quit after 3 failed attempts. It's not like he's going to graduate high school wearing diapers - right?
5. BB has gotten into the bad habit of walking around saying, "let's work together." Clearly, I've allowed him to watch too much PBS.
6. I get really irritated when I hear people who are "biggest fans" of a book series, when they are really fans of the movies made from the book series. If you've only seen the movies and you haven't read the books, you're not really a fan. Just say you like the movies.
7. Boortz's use of the phrase "celebutards" came up in conversation yesterday with DH and I. DH thinks it's hillarious, I'm pretty sure that it's an insult to retarded people to put them in the same group with Paris Hilton and the like (and yes, I know they don't really want to be called retarded, I wouldn't really call them that). What do you think? Accurate or insulting?