September 16, 2008

Food Meme

At this rate, I might as well convert this blog to nothing but blog quizzes and memes :) But hey, they're fun and easy!

Have you ever tried
  • Venison? Yes. As jerky and as pot roast. Couldn't tell it wasn't beef (and since I hate deer, I kinda want to take up hunting them...)

  • Nettle tea? No

  • Huevos rancheros? Yes. Don't like.

  • Steak tartare? No. I prefer my cow burnt, not still mooing.

  • Crocodile? No.

  • Black pudding? I just Googled this and I am now fighting back dry heaves.

  • Cheese fondue? Isn't this just melted cheese? Um, yeah, I live in the south, people. We have crock pots full of melted cheese at every pot-luck.

  • Carp? No. Hate seafood.

  • Borscht? No. Hate beets.

  • Baba ghanoush? No. After looking this up, I'm surprised my mother hasn't made this.

  • Calamari? No. Again, hate seafood.

  • Pho? I had to look this one up. I've had it, but I think it was called something else.

  • PB&J sandwich? No. I am not from Earth. Take me to your leader.

  • Aloo gobi? No. Sounds gross.

  • Hot dog from a street cart? Oh, yeah. Every time I visit my family in NY.

  • Epoisses? No. Nasty.

  • Black truffle? No. Hate fungus.

  • Fruit wine made from something other than grapes? No. Why drink wine when someone has invented whiskey?

  • Steamed pork buns? I don't know.

  • Pistachio ice cream? Yes. Not a big fan.

  • Heirloom tomatoes? Yes. Yummy. Taste like a regular tomato.

  • Fresh wild berries? Yes. But I washed them first :)

  • Foie gras? NO!!! Do you know how this is made?

  • Rice and beans? Yes. Wasn't impressed.

  • Brawn, or head cheese? No. Fermenting milk in an animal skull seems like a bad idea to me for some reason.

  • Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper? No. Never even heard of this.

  • Dulce de leche? No, but I've had a pie that was made using heated, sweetened condensed milk, so it was very similar (and yummy!)

  • Oysters? No. Hate seafood. Hate slimy food. Hate food that involves me having to forcibly break an animal open in order to eat the food.

  • Baklava? Yes, please!

  • Bagna cauda? No. Who comes up with these weird foods?

  • Wasabi peas? Yes, sadly. My uncle told me they were candy. Imagine my dissapointment.

  • Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl? No. Say it with me - HATE SEAFOOD!

  • Salted lassi? No. Why would anyone want to salt and pepper their yogurt?

  • Sauerkraut? Yes. My dad's German.

  • Root beer float? Yes. Not a big fan.

  • Cognac with a fat cigar? No. I imagine it would be hard to drink the cognac through the cigar, however.

  • Clotted cream tea? No.

  • Vodka jelly/Jell-O? No. Don't like Vodka.

  • Gumbo? No. I prefer my soup to have a definite set of ingredients. And I hate seafood.

  • Oxtail? No. Never been that hungry.

  • Curried goat? No.

  • Whole insects? No. Again, never been that hungry.

  • Phaal? No. I don't do too well with spicy food.

  • Goat's milk? Yes. Yummy.

  • Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$130 or more? No. Not rich. And also not dumb enough to spend that much money on something I'm just going to pass through when I can't tell the taste difference between that and the cheap stuff.

  • Fugu? No. Anyone care to guess why?

  • Chicken tikka masala? No. Never had Indian food.

  • Eel? No. I'm sticking with my "just say no" seafood policy.

  • Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut? Yes. I live in Georgia.

  • Sea urchin? No.

  • Prickly pear? No. Don't eat cactus.

  • Umeboshi? No. A quote from Wikepedia: "Umeboshi... taste salty, and are extremely sour due to high citric acid content – they have been known to corrode their way through aluminium lunch boxes if kept in the same spot every day." Does this sound like something good to eat?

  • Abalone? No, no, no.

  • Paneer? Sounds disgusting. I'm going with no.

  • McDonald's Big Mac Meal? No.

  • Spaetzle? Yes. Anyone know of a good local German restaurant? I'm getting hungry.

  • Dirty gin martini? No. Don't like gin.

  • Beer above 8% ABV? I'm guessing no.

  • Poutine? No. I think I'd starve if I moved to France.

  • Carob chips? Yes. In tofu ice cream. I still don't think it taste "just like chocolate chip ice cream," mom.

  • S'mores? Yes. Let's go camping!

  • Sweetbreads? UGH! This is SO misnamed!

  • Kaolin? No.

  • Currywurst? Nope. Not a fan of the curry.

  • Durian? No. Looks like alien food from "Star Trek"

  • Frogs' legs? No, which is surprising, because the wasabi uncle loves to go frog giggin'.

  • Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake? Yes! And hopefully, I'll have some again soon if I get to go to a certain Barnyard fair this fall.

  • Haggis? No. Haggis makes me gaggis.

  • Fried plantain? No. Don't like bananas very much.

  • Chitterlings? No. I live in the south, I'm not southern.

  • Gazpacho? No.

  • Caviar and blini? No. fish eggs and thin pancakes sound like a bad combination to me.

  • Louche absinthe? No.

  • Gjetost, or brunost? No.

  • Roadkill? No.

  • Baijiu? Wow, Google and Wikepedia are getting a workout tonight! My answer - no.

  • Hostess Fruit Pie? Yes. Is this something that's rare in other parts of the States?

  • Snail? No. No. No. No...

  • Lapsang souchong? No. I'm starting to worry about the people who come up with these things...

  • Bellini? Nope.

  • Tom yum? No. Hate seafood (bet you didn't see that one coming, huh?)

  • Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant? No. I don't think I've even been to a half star restaurant.

  • Kobe beef? No, but I've wondered if it lives up to its reputation.

  • Hare? Only my own, I hope! (get it?)

  • Goulash? Yes. My mom makes it. I don't like it.

  • Flowers? No.

  • Horse? Not to my knowledge.

  • Criollo chocolate? Nope.

  • Spam? Yes. It's actually not bad.

  • Soft shell crab? No. And guess why?

  • Rose harissa? No.

  • Catfish? Yes. My B-i-L fried some. It was good. But I also didn't know it was catfish at the time. I'd have a hard time knowingly eating something that ugly.

  • Mole poblano? No. Who came up with that?

  • Bagel and lox? No. Fish no go on bread. Fish on bread bad idea.

  • Lobster Thermidor? No. Gross. Why eat this?

  • Polenta? Do grits count?

  • Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee? No.

  • Snake? No, but I've heard it taste just like chicken!
Aren't you glad you wasted this portion of your life to read all of this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for caring enough to leave a comment! I typically don't respond to each separate comment here on my blog. If you would like to ask me a question and have my reply, please feel free to e-mail me at heathershodgepodge@hotmail.com