April 17, 2009

Dry Cleaner's Secret Review

I was recently given the chance to try out Dry Cleaner's Secret for free in exchange for my review of their product. Seeing how I love free, I quickly agreed. Before my free package arrived, I checked out the product's website to see what exactly I would have to do. I knew of other dry cleaning products that involved several steps and special bags, so I was surprised at how easy the directions were for the product.
Each box has 6 individually sealed packages, with each package containing one moist sheet. To dry clean your clothes at home, all you have to do is open the package, treat any stains with the sheet, then place the clothes and the sheet in the dryer on medium heat for 20 minutes. Simple! There is no rounding up clothes, driving to the dry cleaner's, waiting, and and then driving back to pick them up. I don't have to worry about lost clothes or missing buttons.
Most of my dry-clean-only clothes are dresses, which is what I used for my trial. The dresses had been worn last summer and then packed up for the winter. A big no-no, I know. You NEVER put clothes that have been worn away for the season without cleaning first. But like I said, I hate going to the dry cleaner's and I never got around to taking the dresses. I also figured that these dresses would present more of a challenge for the product.
I was VERY pleased with the results! Both dresses smell lovely, the small food stain on one dress is gone, and both dresses are wrinkle-free. I followed the directions exactly as given, and it really couldn't have been easier. If you would like to try Dry Cleaner's Secret for yourself, here's your chance! The company has graciously given me two boxes to give away to two of my readers. If you would like to win a free box of Dry Cleaner's Secret, leave me a comment below. I'll draw and announce the winners on Monday.

4 comments:

  1. Free works well for me, too! Especially with dry cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to try this! One of my sometimes-adhered-to rules when shopping is to look at the tag and promptly put it back on the rack if it's dry clean only. But, of course, that doesn't always happen because I just NEED or LIKE something even if it's dry clean!

    My worst horror story of dry cleaning happened years and years ago: I tossed a favorite dress in my back seat where it sat for days, possibly even weeks. When I finally stopped at the cleaners' to drop it off, I picked it up and found that it had FADED from the sun shining into my non-tinted windows. And it didn't fade uniformly; the dress was ruined.

    Thanks for your review of this product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that product!! Pick me!! I could use Free!

    And on another note - how did you come by the chance for the product test/review?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to try this product! I never take anything to the dry cleaners, so I need something to use at home.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for caring enough to leave a comment! I typically don't respond to each separate comment here on my blog. If you would like to ask me a question and have my reply, please feel free to e-mail me at heathershodgepodge@hotmail.com